- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valladolid
- Official Master's Degree in Electrophysiology and Cardiac Stimulation by the University of Barcelona.
- PhD from the University of Barcelona with Excellent "Cum Laude" qualification with the Doctoral Thesis entitled "New applications of Magnetic Resonance for Risk Stratification and Personalized Treatment in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation".
- Certified Professional in Cardiac Electrophysiology by the European Heart Rhythm Association).
Research stays / fellowship / Professional career
- Specialist in Cardiology at the Hospital Clinic de Barcelona
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology and Cardiac Stimulation at Hospital Clinic de Barcelona
- Fellow of the European Heart Rhythm Association in ZNA Middelheim, Belgium
- Research Fellow in Dept. of Cardiac Electrophysiology - University Hospital. Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research & Management Center (CARMA). University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT. USA.
- Formative stage in Dept. of Cardiovascular Imaging. Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago, IL. USA.
Areas of Interest
- Physiopathology and treatment of Atrial Fibrillation
- Pathophysiology and invasive treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia
- Integration of Magnetic Resonance in the field of Arrhythmias
- Risk Factors of Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Sudden death
See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Participation in scientific societies
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
- European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)
- Spanish Society of Cardiology (SEC)
- Catalan Society of Cardiology (SCC)